Saturday, December 09, 2006
christmas is just around the corner
I just got back from christmas shopping. I love christmas season but I don't like the idea of spending money buying presents :( hehehehe.. Although the weather is more than unpleasing due to the rain but I was real surprised to still see so many people out shopping, no doubt for chrismas presents :)

Always at this time of the year I'll cracked my head for ideas on christmas presents for my dear's parents. So I guess they have every material things already, so I decided to head for the wine & delicatessen shop in Mannheim..here's a pic of the shop.


I like the their christmas decorations and look at the pretty christmas tress! I settled on a white wine and it costs me 16Euros! I tried the wine before that's why I dare to buy and it was quite good really.

After that we headed to the Mannheimer Weihnachtsmarkt literally translated to Mannheim's Christmasmarket where they sell a type of special wine called Glühwein or mulled wine ;) . It is red wine cooked with spices . You can only find this specialty during winter and it's special because you drink it warm and it's sweet with a taste of cinnamon and a shot of orange juice. Here's a cuppa glühwein for you..


I like visiting christmas market here because usually the shops will be decorated beautifully :)
Here's the stall selling glühwein


And these are some decos on the rooftop of the stalls..


pardon the dark pics due to the weather..Hope this will bring you into jolly christmas mood nevertheless :)
here's my most favourite pic from all the Weihnachtsmarkt that I've been to..it's taken last year in Heidelberg. It's a giant candle windmill ..of coz the candles are fake. The mini version of this windmill is when the candles are lit the hot air from the candle will rise and thus the fan on top will rotate due to the rising hot air...clever hor ;). The shop underneath the windmill is selling Glühwein as well ;)
 
posted by Ladybird at 12/09/2006 10:14:00 PM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


At 12/10/2006 12:17 AM, Blogger Kii

What a beautiful place. Really wish could be there someday. Kityen, please post more pics. ^___^

 

At 12/10/2006 10:23 PM, Blogger pieceofmind

Yeah, kit yen .. after clarifying from you that I know ladybird is your nicks. Erm, the pictures are nice. Wish to go there too ... more pictures from overseas please .. :D

 

At 12/11/2006 12:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

HiHi, since all of us wanted to go there after looking at the pictures, maybe we really should have save money & visit u next year, if possible.. Merry X'mas..

 

At 12/12/2006 3:53 AM, Blogger LooLoo

Very interesting, KIt yen...
It's not that festive here in US. I guess I would have to say more precisely, where I am is not that festive.
But did see houses decorated with christmasy lights and blowup santa in front of the lawn...hehhe
MErry early Christmas everyone...

 

At 12/16/2006 2:42 AM, Blogger Ladybird

hello, thanks for the comments.. will look forward to it if u guys wanna visit me ..provided that i'm still in germany la ;)

 

At 12/19/2006 10:52 AM, Blogger Jaina

huhu...I'm the last to comment. I wanna go there too. :)